Surely you think that the Ambon Bika Cake Recipe comes from Ambon City, Maluku Province. This cake actually comes from the city of Medan not from the City of Maluku.
The tips for making this cake are to make sure the pan used for the mold has been preheated. This is to avoid the base of the cake sticking to its place when the Bika Ambon is to be removed. Lamish the pan that has been heated with a little oil. During the cooking process, the oven lid is opened slightly to drain the heat inside.
The doughing, filtering and the door opening of the oven, which is slightly opened are the key factors that cannot be missed to get Bika Ambon results that have a wasp nest or not.
- 200 grams sago flour
- Banana / Banana flour 200 grams
- 200 grams of sugar
- 10 eggs yolk
- Bread yeast 1 tbsp
- Sugar for prick 1 tbsp
- Flour for 1 tbsp
- Warm water for prick 3 tbsp
- Coconut milk with a thick texture of 300 ml
- 0.5 ounces of powdered milk
- 2 pieces of pandan leaves
- Butter 1 ounce
- Lemongrass 2 pieces
- 10 pieces of orange leaves
- Adequate vanilla and salt according to your taste.
- The first step is of course you have to prepare the prick to be able to make Bika Ambon.
- This prick can be made by mixing ingredients such as bread yeast, granulated sugar, flour, and warm water. Stir the mixture until it is evenly distributed and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- While waiting, you can start boiling the coconut milk with lemongrass.
- Don’t forget to also mix the pandan leaves and orange leaves in the coconut milk.
- You have to boil the coconut milk until it’s really boiling.
- Coconut milk has boiled, then it must be cooked until the temperature is warm enough.
- Next, you can shake the egg yolks and mix vanilla, sugar and butter into it.
- Beat until smooth and mix sago flour, milk powder, and banana flour into the egg yolk mixture earlier.
- Don’t forget you also have to enter the culprit you have made earlier on the coconut milk and egg mixture.
- Stir until evenly distributed the three doughs and put in the pan
- You have to insert the baking sheet into the oven.
- You can bake the batter on the oven’s bottom until it’s dry. Continue with the top fire until it’s all cooked.
- Finally, if Ambon Banana is ready for you to enjoy its deliciousness and enjoyment.